Friday, December 28, 2007

Musik

Watched an old movie tonight with my wife. Notting Hill. Sappy - laugh if you must. The score for the movie is quite brilliant. The main theme has so much texture and they were very creative with the way it was weaved through out the film.
I was once a fan of making mixed tapes. I once made one for a particular girl who I happened to be dating. I had several great tunes on this tape. If you know me, you know how much time I put into this 60 minute tape. It took 3 rough mixes to get it all together. At the end, I took great care to put 3 instrumentals that I thought to be quite nice.
I knew we would never last when she finally listened to the tape all the way through and said "most of the songs were nice, but why'd you waste the end of the tape with that music with no words?"
I could have pushed her out of the truck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only difference between you and me is that i pushed her out.

guitargirl said...

Notting Hill...you do love your wife. That is such a chick flick. But I'm glad you love your wife because she is an awesome woman!!