Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WISH

So tonight, I was on a drive with my wife. I put on Genesis - "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". It could be one of the most amazing concept albums I know. Peter Gabriel was still writing for them, Phil Collins was still behind the drums - just amazing. It made me think - who would I love to see on tour? I'm talking arch enemies who have vowed to never set foot in the same town much less on stage together jumping on a bus and hitting the road. Here's a list. Feel free to add to it. Let's limit it to bands with 3/4 of the original members still living.

1. Genesis - the original line up with Peter Gabriel on vox.
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Yes
4. Metallica - original line up
5. Bad Company
6. Black Sabbath
7. Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
8. *I'm sad because I want to put Boston here, and Brad Delp is no longer alive. Sad.
9. Cream
10. Eagles
11. Fleetwood Mac
12. Jethro Tull
13. Journey
14. King Crimson - the 1969 line-up
15. Pink Floyd
16. Police
17. Pretenders
18. Rush
19. Steve Miller Band
20. Styx
21. Supertramp
22. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
23. Van Halen - original line up
24. AC/DC

You'll notice that these are mostly classic rock bands. I realized this list was getting out of hand. Anyway - add to the list. You know you want to . . .

4 comments:

Stefanie Spruill said...

New Kids on the Block
*NSYNC
Boyz II Men
Wilson Phillips
Tiffany (yes, I realize she's not a "band," but I'm sure that Carolina Place would put up a stage for her!)

Anonymous said...

MINOR THREAT
BLACK FLAG
MISFITS (original lineup)
BIG BLACK
SOUNDGARDEN (original lineup)
LUSCIOUS JACKSON
METALLICA (R.I.P Cliff)
PANTERA (R.I.P Dimebag)

and very, very sadly...
NIRVANA

fuel52 said...

My top 5:
1. Metallica (if and only if Cliff Burton was in the lineup on bass, incredible)
2. Pantera
3. Soundgarden
4. Tea Party
5. Sade (She never tours)

Stefanie Spruill said...

And people say wishes don't come true...one of mine did!

Oh, oh, oh, o-oh
oh, oh, oh, oh
oh, oh, oh, o-oh
The Right Stuff