Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On 2nd Thought

Have you ever committed to something - REALLY committed. Not like "hey it's the new year, so I need to hit the gym for two weeks". Really. Committed. To something - like with your whole life.
My wife and I are in the middle of said commitment. I find myself becoming restless because I feel like I am only doing a fraction of what I am called to be doing. Maybe it's the fact that I just turned 31. Maybe it's more. I think it's MUCH more than that, and I don't know how to go about fixing that. I asked my friend L last night if he was doing what he was passionate about. He responded "no". I asked him why not, and he gave me a very heart-felt reply. It's the same as mine. There is too much comfort in the status quo and I am just lazy enough to not try. It's a sad thing, but it is refreshing to be in honest community with someone like that.
I know I am called to play music. I know I am called to lead people in worship. I know that where Stef and I are is a stepping stone and not the end of the journey.
Like I said I am restless. The fact of the matter is I need to start actually writing my own material again and put it out there instead of complaining that things aren't happening like I had intended them to. Something about a "bull and his horns".

Stay tuned - I have a feeling some stuff is about to start happening . .

No comments: